FREE FOOD! …Festival!
Ok, so it wasn’t Free Food like that! , but hey we had to reel you in didn’t we. So Bank Holiday gave us enough sunshine to enjoy all that was the Free From Food Festival, held at the Old Spitalfields in East London.
Before, I start , let me just say I am NOT vegan, veggie and as far as I know no particular food allergy that needs medical attention, so for me this was just pure fun and eatery so this piece is not biased in anyway.
So we begin by a free and this literally was free, a free beverage Gluten Free Beer or a Gogi Juice. Then onto the fabulous stalls, that had on some great deals, not overpriced West London festival and you know by tasting some of these gems you were getting some super high quality ingredients. So good, you felt guilty for a second then you realise that it was ok, as it was all mainly seriously healthy food. You forgot the sugar was unrefined, the fatty dairy had been removed or the non gluten bread wouldn’t make you pop out of your summer outfit .You can say yes, to everything.So…we did..and there was so much yes to the free tasting , you were full before you got to the actual food court.
In the actual food court you met the leader of the Free From Movement for this event, who told their story on stage for those curious.
As stated, Im not vegan or anything, but I tell you I came away appreciating the efforts that go into making these Free From Foods because the amount of flavours that you get from even the smallest sample amazed me. You can taste ( not literally mind), the blood sweat and tears that go into these products to make sure that they are perfect.
I’m not totally convinced to give up meat or change fully to the Free From food lifestyle, but there is definitely a space for healthier choices even when having treats .
Healthy things like protein powders for muscle growth more common in known health food shop,had even healthier options for example with Aloe Vera from “Forever Living”
Yes the prices maybe that bit higher, which I won’t lie also put me off before coming here, but I get it now. The ingredients, some rare to come by just have to be right! When you pay that extra pound or so, these vendors haven’t paid for just any orange for example to go into that chocolate orange treat they probably spent hours , days or months looking for that perfect orange, to get that perfect taste and have to keep doing so to keep making the product available.
There was everything you could think of from all parts parts of the world, no pretentious stall holders or customers , a mixed crowd with a nice vibe.
Please see below for our little gallery of some favourites we stopped by and tasted, tasted again and tasted some more… :/ >> Click images to enlarge<<
Who, What , Where When?
Well sorry you missed out this year ! But here are a few fav names we picked up while we where there also see photos for more name drops! Google them, Instagram them, do what you will, please mention you saw them in this post from us here at Valuemytime.co.uk, LOOK OUT FOR THE DISCOUNT CODES! NOT SURE HOW LONG THEY WILL LAST THOUGH, SO HURRY!- Remember , for more London days out ideas in South, East and North London visit our all year round packages HERE
- JAKES BOOST– VEGAN FRIENDLY BUTTERS INCLUDING CACAO & PEANUT BUTTER, 6 NUT & 4 SEED BUTTER (DISCOUNT CODE : BOOSTED)
- BALANCED NATURE-RAW CHOCOLATE FREE OF GMO,GLUTEN,SOYA AND DAIRY
- VERAWNIKA’S ONLINE VEGAN & RAW CAKES– FREE OF GLUTEN, DAIRY,EGG,SOY AND ADDITIVES ( NEXT DAY DELIVER AVAILABLE)
- LA SWEET GALERIE -BESPOKE WEDDING CAKES (DISCOUNT CODE: 10% MENTION LEAFLET FROM FREE FROM FESTIVAL)
- NOM-ORGANIC POPCORN AND OAT BARS WITH NO REFINED SUGAR AND VEGAN FRIENDLY
- FOREVER LIVING– ALOE VERA PRODUCTS FOR WELL ALMOST ANYTHING,HEALTH, WEIGHT LOSS AID, DELICIOUS PROTEIN SHAKES , BEAUTY PRODUCTS AND MORE.
- BALANCED NATURE– KOMBUCHA, A MINERAL FERMENTED DRINK FROM ANCIENT CHINA KNOWN AS THE TEA OF “IMMORTALITY”
- B RAW CAKES– FREE FROM GLUTEN, REFINED SUGAR, DAIRY, EGG AND PRESERVATIVES ( ORDER ONLINE)
- HONEY HEAVEN– CREAMED HONEY IN THE FLAVOURS OF CINNAMON, CARDAMOM, GINGER, WINTER SPICE, BEE POLLEN WITH PROPOLIS AND EVEN CHOCOLATE! , WELL, THAT DOES SOUND LIKE HEAVEN!
- MY SAUCE– MY SAUCE , THAT CAN ALSO BE YOURS, IS A GLUTEN FREE ARRAY OF CARIBBEAN CUISINE ACCOMPANIMENTS AND SAUCES FROM MILD TO HOT AND HOTTER ORGANIC PRODUCE INCLUDING INGREDIENTS LIKE SCOTCH BONNET AND MANY MORE